Thursday, July 30, 2009

16 OS - Get That Cash feat. Young Presidents.

At long last, here is the video for "get that cash." I filmed it in april, with some help from matt golden, of matt golden photography. It was a very interesting shoot, considering I've only done a few music videos, none of them being rap. So, I began editing around the same time as the no relief tour trailer. What I managed to not realize was that I had never even seen a rap video before, so I had no idea where to even start. I put together a very rough cut, watched it, and hated it.

I then decided to actually watch a few rap videos. I hated them too. So I would try and get through various stages of finished-ness before I would decide that it wasn't right, and start over. Some inspiration came a few weeks ago from some indie rock videos. I then knew what I wanted to do. A rap video that didn't look like a rap video, but a matt dickstein indie rock video. I had my direction. Obviously, it's got some rap influences, the quick cuts at the beginning, a few of the effects, the fact that it's still a rap video, no matter which way you look at it.

But, it was boring. I needed something else, then I saw this video. And I had some more inspiration. So then I went through and added some embellishments to the video.

The final product was done on adobe premier elements 3.0. I used the "three-d" transition for the color effects used throughout the video, and honestly I wouldn't mind making an entire video using that effect, because I love it that much.

So, here it is, the music video for "get that cash" by 16 OS featuring Young Presidents. Let me know what you think.







peace. love.
matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment